Wednesday 12 August 2015

Artist (Bed-time Stories)


MahaDev: Amma, "I am a good artist"
Amma: You are good and you are artistic, not sure if you can self claim that you are an artist
MahaDev: Yes, my teacher said so!
Amma: She may be right, but I would like you to say "I want to become an artist and do good stuff"
MahaDev: Can I be an artist when I grow up?
Amma: That is your choice. But I would say you would choose some kind of a profession (like a Dr, Engr, Teacher etc.) and do art stuff on your spare time.
MahaDev: What if I want to do art stuff all the time and there is no time for a profession
Amma: That is hard then, there are risks with being a full-time artist
MahaDev: What is a risk? I think I will be happy to do art all the time.
Amma: Good then, everyone makes choice about their lives and work when they grow up. For e.g, your Achan and Amma wanted to become Engineers, Appoopan wanted to be a teacher etc. for their own reasons (You may choose to be like them or to be a DR to save others' lives, you may choose to be a Scientist to find new stuff for people etc).
MahaDev: I think I would still want to be an artist then. Achan doesnt get time to do art stuff because Achan has to go to work. May be I would become a scientist also if you want me to. But I think I will do art all the time.
Amma: Good one M, I think you can be an artistic scientist - how about that?
MahaDev: Sounds funny (hugs)!
MahaDev: Amma, "Why did you want to be an Engineer?"
Amma: Ayyo! MahaDev - loong story, some other time okay? and high time to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Why did we want to become engineers? Utharamillaa kadangatha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did we want to become engineers? Utharamillaa kadangatha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Athire, ithinu njaan udane utharam kodukkendi varum ivide...chumma angu aayi ennu paranjalum avan chodikkum ' why chumma aayi' ennu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Athire, ithinu njaan udane utharam kodukkendi varum ivide...chumma angu aayi ennu paranjalum avan chodikkum ' why chumma aayi' ennu

    ReplyDelete